Ever since my sister in law introduced me to these Salted Chocolate Toffee Squares I have been making them for picnics, get togethers and pretty much any other special occasion I can come up with. These delicious little squares are not only addicting but are also very easy to make. They’re so easy to throw together with little clean up, too.
I grew up hating nuts in my desserts and snacks and cringed at the thought of adding them to cookies or anything else for that matter. Now that I’m
old more mature my tastes have changed and I’ve come to appreciate the nuttiness that baked nuts give to recipes.
My favorite nuts for this recipe are pecans. You can use any nut you want but I personally love how the pecans compliment the toffee and chocolate flavors. I also use honey graham crackers but you can use regular or cinnamon flavored crackers if you prefer. Try a batch at your next get-together and let me know what you think.
Salted Toffee Chocolate Squares
- 1 1/2 Sleeves Honey Graham Crackers
- 8 oz Hershey's Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits (1 Entire Bag)
- 1/2 - 3/4 Cup Pecans (Chopped)
- 3/4 Cup Butter (1 1/2 Sticks)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Nestle Toll House Semi Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- 1 - 2 Dashes Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with non-stick aluminum foil. Lay graham crackers out flat on cookie sheet until entire sheet is covered. It may take 1 1/2 sleeves of crackers. Spread the entire bag of toffee bits evenly over the graham crackers. Chop the pecans into your desired size and sprinkle over the toffee layer. Set pan aside. In a small saucepan melt butter over medium to high heat and add sugar stirring occasionally until the mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat slightly and cook for 2 minutes at a rolling simmer stirring occasionally. After 2 minutes remove from heat, mixture should look somewhat frothy. Pour evenly over the toffee and nut covered graham crackers. Transfer pan to the oven and bake for 10 -12 minutes, until butter mixture looks bubbly and toffee is melted. Remove from oven and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and a dash or two of salt. While still warm cut into squares using a pizza cutter. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.