Last week I was checking Twitter and I saw that I had a notification. As a new blogger looking for interactions with other bloggers I was excited. Imagine my surprise when I read that I was nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award!
So what is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award was created to showcase bloggers who are creative, uplifting, and inspiring. This recognition from bloggers is given to fellow bloggers who bring sunshine into the lives of their readers. I want to thank Amber from The Made Dwelling for nominating me and my blog. If you haven’t seen her blog you have to check it out!
There are a few rules to the award and they are:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you in your blog post and link back to her/his blog.
2. Answer the questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the award and give them 11 questions you have chosen.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger award logo in your post on your blog.
Here are my answers to Amber’s questions:
1. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be an Interior Designer, an Archaeologist or a Geologist. I am none of those although sometimes I think I am. 😉
2. Dogs or Cats?
Well I have 2 dogs and 5 cats so …. I grew up on a farmette and we always had tons of cats outside which I loved. I never had dogs before we got our first one 10 years ago. Deep down I’m a cat person at heart but I absolutely love my mutts, too.
3. Who or what motivates you?
As a total procrastinator, I’d say deadlines and results motivate me.
4. Do you have a unique talent?
If I do I haven’t discovered it yet.
5. If you could eat dinner with 3 people, dead or alive, who would they be?
This is going to sound corny but I’d choose my two daughters and hubby. We always eat supper together and I love that about us. I’ll miss our dinners when they grow up and move out.
6. If you had to describe yourself in only 3 words, what would they be?
Silly, sentimental and procrastinator
7. What’s your favorite movie?
Can’t list only 1! Jaws, The Thing (1982), Halloween (1978), Fright Night (1985), Blades of Glory and Harry and the Hendersons
8. If you could travel back in time, what time would you travel to?
Well I like modern day conveniences too much (like flushing toilets, modern medicine, lady products) to want to do extreme time travel so I’d only go back to the 1980s. Lame!
9. What are you afraid of?
Thunderstorms, spiders and driving in unfamiliar places
10. If you could give advice to your 16 yr. old self, what would it be?
Go to college, don’t take a year off. Stop thinking you’re fat.
11. What’s your favorite food?
Schnitz and knepp. My Grandma used to make it for us and when she passed away my mom would make it. Thankfully my Grandma gave me her recipe because now that my mom has passed on I make it for the family. We only use apples and dumplings – NO meat and it’s so yummy!! My kids are not fans of it but I still love them.
Here are my nominees:
Here are your questions:
- How did you come up with your blog’s name?
- What do you feel is your biggest challenge when it comes to blogging?
- What is your favorite movie genre?
- If you could meet any famous person, dead or alive, who would you choose?
- If you were a super hero who would you be?
- What is your favorite color?
- What would you do if you were given one million dollars to spend?
- Beach or mountains?
- Are you a morning person or night owl?
- What was your favorite subject in school?
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
Hopefully you’ve enjoyed reading my answers and I hope you’ll check out the blogs I’ve nominated.