This post contains affiliate links. I receive commission from purchases you make through these links, at no added cost to you. I only recommend products I use and truly believe in. You can read more here.
I love ice cream. It’s a well known fact. It’s the one thing I can’t resist and the one thing I ever truly crave. My favorite flavor is chocolate peanut butter. I especially love our local grocery store’s brand over national brands but I’ll eat pretty much any kind if it’s available. Ice cream is my jam.
Do you know what else is? This Vanilla & Coconut Cream Ice Cream Cake. It may not be chocolate peanut butter but it is salty and sweet and that makes it delicious in my book. As a matter of fact, the whole family loves this easy to make dessert.
Years ago my Aunt would make this Vanilla & Coconut Cream Ice Cream Cake for picnics and everybody oohed and ahhed over it. Everyone always looked forward to it. We all wondered how she managed to make this mysterious pan of deliciousness. Eventually, my mom and dad took over making it for our family picnics and we always devoured it. As a matter of fact, it was often requested for our get-togethers. After they passed away my brother-in-law took the ice cream cake torch and ran with it. I had my doubts as to whether or not he could make it taste exactly like theirs but yep, it was still the same.
This vanilla and coconut cream ice cream cake is so easy to make
Well, recently we came across a
I know some of you may be scared of the word coconut but trust me, the taste is very subtle. It gives the cake an added layer of flavor. I don’t know how it would taste without it. If you’re wondering you could try it with the coconut cream pudding first and if you’re not a fan you can always leave it out next time. For the record though, I highly recommend using it.
You’re probably wondering where the saltiness comes from, aren’t you? The yummy Ritz Crackers! All of these flavors combine to bring you a cool, creamy dessert fit for any get-together. So if you’re looking for a dessert to make for your Labor Day picnic or get-together try this yummy Vanilla & Coconut Cream Ice Cream Cake!
Vanilla & Coconut Cream Ice Cream Cake
- 2 1/2 sleeves Ritz Crackers full size
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- (2)1.5 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- (2) small boxes Jell-O Instant Coconut Cream Pudding & Pie Filling
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- Set ice cream out to soften. You want a consistancy that is stirrable. Meanwhile, crush your Ritz crackers in a medium sized bowl. You don't want any really big pieces. Reserve approx. 1/2 cup for later. Add your melted butter to your crushed crackers and stir. In a 9 x 13 pan, cover the bottom with the crackers and press to firm them. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, empty one container of softened ice cream. Add 2 more cups from the second container and refreeze the rest. Pour the milk into the ice cream and stir. Add one box of instant pudding and stir. Add the second box of instant pudding and stir until completely mixed. Scoop the ice cream into the pan and spread evenly over the cracker base. Spread the cool whip over the ice cream. Sprinkle the reserved crushed Ritz crackers evenly over the entire top. Cover and freeze for several hours or at least one day.
- To serve, set pan on counter to allow ice cream cake to soften slightly. Scoop out with a spoon or spatula. Enjoy.